- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aid Course
October 15, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:30 am, repeating until October 16, 2019
About 1 in 5 adults experience a common mental illness each yea. Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training will teach you practical skills to support someone with a mental health problem.
Become a Mental Health First Aider to support Friends, family members and colleagues. The standard MHFA training:
- Improves knowledge of mental illnesses, treatments and first aid actions.
- Increases confidence in providing first-aid.
- Decreases stigmatising attitudes.
- Increases the support provided to others.
You will learn to:
- Recognise common mental health problems.
- Provide initial help using a practical, evidence-based Action Plan.
- Seek appropriate help.
- Respond in a crisis situation.
This is a 14-hour education course held over two days, not a therapy or support group.
$95 waged. $40 unwaged.
For all enquiries and bookings please contact Principal Master MHFA Instructor Jane Armstrong on 0422 363 912 or email firstname.lastname@example.org