Offline Learning and Online Accreditation
Earn Digital Badges at the Blue Mountains Pluriversity
Through earning eBadges from the Blue Mountains Pluriversity you can fill a backpack with real-life credentials that you can take anywhere in the world. Follow your interests and passions to grow a community of like-minded friends, discover your future pathway, and build up your microcredentials!
You can share your badges in:
- Blogs, websites, ePortfolios, and professional networks
- Job applications
- Social media sites – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Even in your email signature!
They are linked to the verified training you’ve received. Click on the sample badge we’ve issued here to see how digital badges work:
When you take part in our workshops, work experience, mentoring or events, we verify your participation by videoing and photographing your learning process. We also collate documents that demonstrate the content of what you’ve learnt. These are all uploaded to your digital badge.
Collect Your Badges in a Backpack
You can store your badges in an Open Badges backpack. We use Badgr, but you can store and move your Open Badges between platforms. Your backpack gives you an easy way to collect your badges, sort them by category, and display them across social networking profiles, job sites, websites and more.
You can get started with these badges:
Community Farming Badge
To earn a Community Farming Badge you will need to:
- Visit and meet participants of at least 3 community gardens in the Blue Mountains and post photos and news about them on the Community Farming Network Facebook group.
- Complete six Community Farming Units:
Citizen Journalism Badge
To earn a Citizen Journalism Badge you will need to complete 72hrs work experience and mentoring at The Big Fix Media where you will:
- Assist in the production and distribution of Local News – digital and print
- Compile one Daily Solutions Digest and one Weekly eDigest
- Write three articles that are accepted and published by The Big Fix
To earn a Storyboarding Badge you will need to:
To earn a Storytelling Badge you will need to:
- Attend one of the Pluriversity’s Artist Forums to learn about different forms of storytelling
- Complete at least one of the following to explore a method of storytelling:
- Complete 48 hours mentoring at The Big Fix Media to develop a story and get it shared via performance, podcast, video, print or other online media.
To earn a Cartooning Badge you will need to:
- Participate in two Youth Cafes with guest cartoonists
- Complete the Cartooning and Creating Thinking Workshop
- Produce three cartoons and have them accepted for publication by The Big Fix Media
Permaculture & Social Enterprise Design Badge
To earn a Permaculture & Social Enterprise Design Badge you will need to:
- Complete a Permaculture & Social Enterprise Design Course
- Participate in the six-month mentoring program and demonstrate that you have gained experience in the following:
- Fundraising and grant writing
- Graphic design
- Event management
- Business skills including database management
- Policy development
- Develop a viable Business Plan for a social enterprise with Edgy Blue Mountains, our Collaborative Social Enterprise Incubator